Friday, November 13, 2015

Weekend Retreat Starts TONIGHT!!!

The Happiness Knitting Project's first full weekend retreats starts tonight!!! Very excited and can't wait to spend a weekend with a group of wonderfully inspiring women who want to learn to use contemplative knitting as part of their mindfulness practice.  This, then can provide them the skills to carry over mindfulness in their everyday lives.  A profound experience and one I'm so grateful to be able to share.  What a gift.

We will enjoy wonderful, healthy meals (thanks Donna Baldwin), a little yoga, some journaling, hiking among the pines in beautiful Black Forest, CO and even a moving meditation as we walk a labyrinth.

As a very special treat, we will have movie night, complete with popcorn and of course wine, as we watch a very special movie that I've watched three times by the late Dr. Wayne Dyer.  The Shift was a profound film for me and cannot wait to watch it a 4th time and share it with these ladies.  A discussion will follow on it's potential impact in our lives and how we can make a difference in how we view the world.

For those of you who were unable to secure a spot for this event, stay tuned here or follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/thehappinessknittingproject/ or Twitter https://twitter.com/happinessknitfor future dates.


On a funny note, speaking of women's retreats.  Last evening I spent with my son and his friends having a wonderful time.  My phone kept alerting me of texts.  They finally asked who kept texting me and what they wanted.  When I told them, they laughed hysterically and were a little alarmed what this retreat was all about.  I share with you this clip from Fried Green Tomatoes about a women's retreat that involved mirrors, which I can assure you won't be part of our retreat but did give us all a good LOL!  http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-Tpr6J2u47hnbJ/fried_green_tomatoes_1991_womens_strenth_class/

Perhaps, we'll have to watch it and discuss at the next retreat.   Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment